Tuesday, March 28, 2017

SOLSC#28 - A Crapple?

For the fourth year, I am participating in the SOLSC and guiding students from my classroom and my school on the same writing journey. Here is the link to our school blog and the 15-20 students who are participating in the Classroom Challenge.



"We could name it a Crapple!"

That's what I just heard my daughter say.

I'd been sitting in the high-backed chair in our hotel room, laptop on my lap, trying to get my slice going for the day. A conversation about Asian pears had been going on because there was one cut up on the table as a snack. I really wasn't paying too much attention. But then in that loud clear voice of a six -year-old, my daughter said, "We could name it a crapple!"

I looked over at my wife, a little perplexed, while also silently shaking with laughter. She said, "We were talking about the Asian pear." I continued looking at her, still perplexed.

My daughter helped out. "Because it's like a crunchy pear apple. A crapple!" She looked satisfied having explained herself so well and took a big bite of her slice of Asian pear...or should I say crapple?

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Too funny. I thought it was going to be about a crappy apple. I bet your daughter has no idea how funny this is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. The antics of small children.

    ReplyDelete