Friday, March 3, 2017

SOLSC #4 - Shoes and "The Challenge"

For the fourth year, I am participating in the SOLSC and guiding students from my classroom and my school on the same writing journey. Here is the link to our school blog and the 15-20 students who are participating in the Classroom Challenge.


Shoes - The Challenge

Friday in class, I showed my slicers how to use Photopin.com to access and attribute licensed pictures for their blogs. I told them I would write my next SOL about whatever subject we looked up. The subject was: Converse. I don't wear Converse (I'm probably not cool enough), but below is the picture we used and the post inspired by it.


photo credit: sunface13 196/365 All Stars via photopin (license)

I'd like to have a Converse-ation with you about shoes. Actually, it's Nike to be a bit one-sided but I'm sure you can Adidas your thoughts in on the comments. Some people buy so many shoes they have to Sneaker new pairs past loved ones, especially if they are not well Heeled. Other people appear to have no sole and wear the UGGliest shoes because they obviously don't care whose sensibilities they tread upon. Most people fall in between these two extremes, choosing their footwear because it gives them a New Balance or they're just Keds and what matters is how fast they can run at the store. Now the Crocs of the whole shoe issue is when other people make judgements based on the Famous Footwear on other people's feet. I've even seen some get the Boot from a group because their Kickers were not Just Fab enough and I think that's just ROOd. Really, we should accept people and their choice of shoes, hop into our Vans and go eat some Hush Puppies at the zoo while looking for Pumas. I'm somewhat Pumped about this post and we will have to wait for the other shoe to drop in the comments.











6 comments:

  1. Awe shoe-t... I'm not sure I can compare to your puns. This was great, how do you manage to stuff so many puns into one blog post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your students L.O.V.E.D this! I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised your feed isn't clogged with comment sandal that other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really don't loaf around, do you? Great post! It's hilarious and really. Punny. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im impressed with how many puns you came up with

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing Photopin with us! I'm going to follow your blog for sure! Happy blogging with your students!!

    ReplyDelete